Post/courier of a deactivated firearm in the U.K.

This section of the forum is for the deactivated guns, Muzzle loaders, antique and obsolete calibre guns. What do you need to know before buying. What to look out for when buying. How to work on these types of guns. What parts and accessories are needed.

Postby pablo74 » Sun May 01, 2011 10:02 pm

Hi,I need to send a deactivated firearm to a buyer.It is the first time I have sold a deact so would appreciate any recommendations on who to use,most couriers list firearms/parts of firearms/replicas and deacts as prohibited items!When I have bought deacts from dealers I normally pay £20 and it turns up via courier!Any suggestions greatly appreciated!
pablo74
Forum Members

Postby quinnp003 » Thu May 19, 2011 12:23 am

Hi Paul, any rifles or pistols i have sold i have posted by parcel force. but if asked i always say its sporting goods(golf clubs) but have only been asked once, also mark clearly DO NOT FLY. i forgot to do this when posting a webley revolver, and the airport wherent best pleased I  also mark this on grenades and inert bullets when posting.

cheers

paul

quinnp003
Forum Members

Postby r.barrett859 » Thu Nov 17, 2011 5:31 pm

Problem with that is, if it`s lost or stolen your buggered?

How do you insure it if you say it`s a golf set?
r.barrett859
Forum Members

Postby Rio » Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:59 am

You can use a courier called MyHermes (Google it). They will ship LEGAL weapons up to a maximum length of 1.2 metres and very cheaply.

Derek
Rio
Forum Members

Return to Deactivated guns, Antique and Obsolete calibre guns