2022 Statistics on Firearm and Shotgun Certificates
News Dealer & Industry News
So as you can see not your average R10. Rat works done they’re magic with a tench regulator installation and tune.
The tune includes the following: The rifle is stripped down to its component parts; they are inspected for any wear and overall quality. In most cases parts can be machined or replaced if needed, and are not charged for. The rifle is worked through as follows:
• Ensure the assembly is free of any oil, grease or debris which can cause consistency issues
• Re-finish hammer spring to a higher accuracy
• Polish the bearing surfaces in the hammer
• Fit PTFE slip disk
• Custom made hammer weight & guide to minimise hammer noise & decrease strike time
• Generally to benefit the rifle further the hammer replaced or modified.
• When being Tench regulated SE models have a new hammer weight fitted which “short strokes” the rifle.
• Loading probe modified for better airflow, pellet feed and smoothness
• Bearing surfaces polished
• Probe guide and pellet tray are modified for smoother loading and to reduce pellet fussiness
• Cocking is modified on early models to remove the need to pull the bolt back further when loading a magazine if requested
• If you include the magazine in with your rifle they are also modified to remove any loading issues such as jamming whilst cycling
• The magazine locating pin is modified to give a smoother movement
• Lubricant is added to parts of the assembly to allow a smoother action
• Bolt lock up mechanism is modified for more responsive and smoother movement, also increasing the rifles consistency.
• Bolt flip upon firing is removed or reduced
Exhaust valve, transfer port & barrel
• The exhaust valve stem assembly is modified to run more efficiently
• Valve is refaced and modified for a faster flow
• The valve pressure is reset to give a better performance between heavy and lighter pellets
• The transfer port is modified to give a higher degree of air flow efficiency
• Breech face modified to reduce wear on the pellet when loading
• Crown of the barrel re-cut the to increase the rifles accuracy
• Transfer port and barrel are aligned correctly
• Barrel is secured into the breech more accurately than standard
• Sears are polished to a smoother finish
• Hammer latch pin polished & refaced
• Trigger pin assembly is reinforced to reduce movement from left to right
• Trigger let-off is set to a comfortable and safe amount.
• 1st stage travel can be reduced beyond standard adjustment at request
• Safety mechanism modified to give an easier movement & reduce noise.
I also had the stock stripped of all varnish and re oiled and a custom adjustable cheek piece.
30mm carbon fibre shroud
30mm custom bolt ball. With a 14mm windowed Remembrance Day poppy logo.
Tungsten finished cerakoted bottle. (Now a spare)
It had a service last year and the most recent upgrade of the hammer and valve parts/settings
Hawke Airmax 30 4-16x50 SF 13310 AMX Mil Dot Rifle Scope Caps Side Wheel Sun.
Carbon fibre Composite bottle attached
And rifle bag