3D Printed Guns: Will They Affect the Firearms Industry?
News Dealer & Industry News
The Sheffield West Yorkshire Yeomanry Cavalry was formed in 1794 during the French Revolutionary Wars. In 1844 it changed its name to the First West Yorkshire Yeomanry Cavalry. Finally in 1897, after the Sheffield squadron had the honour of escorting Her Majesty, Queen Victoria, at Sheffield and being represented at the Royal celebration of that year, the Regiment became known as the Queens Own Yorkshire Dragoons. It was converted to an armoured role during the Second World War. In 1956 it merged with the Yorkshire Hussars and the East Riding of Yorkshire Yeomanry to form the Queen's Own Yorkshire Yeomanry. Its lineage is continued today by the Queen's Own Yeomanry.This is a best quality, original Tower Lock Yeomanry Light Dragoon Flintlock Pistol made during the reign of King George III [1760 - 1820] after the formation of the S.W.Y.Y.C. in 1794. It is 15 ½” overall length, with a nicely stamped Enfield ‘Tower’ marked lock plate. The lock plate is also marked with the King’s Crown and ‘GR’ (George III Rex). It has brass furniture including brass fore end cap, stepped butt cap and trigger guard with extended tang. The trigger guard is marked ‘ ‘S.W.Y.Y.C’ to the South West Yorkshire Yeomanry Cavalry. It has its original captive steel ram rod and lovely walnut stock which has a contemporarily professionally applied inlaid brass band to strengthen the stock for cavalry use. The stock is impressed with letter ‘G’ above number ‘46’. The smooth bore of the 9” round steel barrel is excellent, clean with no pitting. The barrel has black powder proof marks. The lock’s cocking and firing actions work as they should. The hammer is fitted with flint. The price for this superb Yeomanry Cavalry marked pistol includes UK delivery. NB. As an antique flintlock pistol no licence is required to own this item in the UK if retained as a part of a collection or display. A 601