AccessoriesOther AccessoriesUsed£ 220
~ WW2 German Third Reich Kriegsmarine Minesweeper Badge ~
The badge is complete with the original pin and hook fixing on the reverse.
It is an unmarked example.
~ Dimensions ~
The badge has the standard dimensions of 5.5 cm tall by 4.5 cm wide.
~ Condition ~
The badge retains much of the original gilt wash finish to the wreaths. The clasp works well.
~ Postage ~
UK postage is £8 or the badge can be collected from our shop in Portsmouth Historic Dockyard.
~ History ~
The Minesweeper War Badge was a World War II German military decoration awarded to Kriegsmarine members for service on minesweepers vessels. The award was instituted on 31 August, 1941 by Grand Admiral Erich Raeder.
Award of this medal could derive from:
- Recommendation from a ship's captain if the candidate had completed three operational sorties
- Wounded during an operational sortie
- Had shown exemplary conduct in the execution of his duties over a six-month period
- Completed a specially dangerous mission in a mined area
- Served on escort duty for 25 days or more
- Participated in a specific mission that had been successfully completed
- Ship was sunk due to enemy action....Read full description